*R35 Conservation fee to add.
*Includes Free visit the African Penguin Sanctuary.
Minimum of 4 x Passengers
Minimum of 2 x Passengers
- Conservation Levy
- All equipment and training
- A return 4x4 experience from through the nature reserve
- Small exclusive groups of 8-9 people
- X2 fully trained Cape Canopy Tour facilitators will accompany you on each tour
- A personalised video (this is available to purchase as an optional extra)
WHAT TO BRING :
- WARM CLOTHES - weather in the mountain is unpredictable, please be prepared with something warm just in case.
- Sunblock & Hat
- Rain Jacket on the rainy/drizzly days
- You are welcome to bring a small light backpack
- you are welcome to take your phone or camera (just remember this will be at your own risk)
WHAT TO EXPECT :
- Arrive at base camp 10-15min early to allow for digital sign-in. There is a snack & merchandise shop, great coffee, and free Wi-Fi available at base camp if you need to stock up on any last-minute supplies before your tour, then onto your safety briefing and gear kit up
- Once you have all your gear, hop onto the safari-style open-top vehicle to enjoy a 30 min 4x4 trip to the top of the mountain
- The slides start high in the mountain, over 1,000m above sea level.
- After a short walk in, and another safety briefing on the first platform, get ready to earn your wings and fly platform to platform
- Once you have completed the 11 slides, 13 platforms, and a suspension bridge you will start the 1km walk out of the gorge, where the vehicle will be waiting to take you back down to base camp
- Please be sure to arrive at least 10-15min BEFORE your tour time.
- Please allow for sufficient travel time, as your tour will start promptly and we are unable to accommodate guests that arrive after their tour time.
- Once the safety briefing has begun, you will not be allowed to join the group and you will have MISSED your tour. (it is not possible to accommodate refunds or re-schedules for missed tours, please refer to our cancellation policy for more details)
- Our vehicles run on rotation, it is logistically impossible for us to hold vehicles for late arrivals as it has a huge knock-on effect on guests waiting to be picked up in the mountain again.
- If you are coming from Cape Town, please factor in an extra 30-45min on the time indicated by google maps, as the power outages can create a traffic backlog which could impact your travel time. (we do not want you to miss your tour)
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY :
- For direct bookings - we offer booking amendments or a full refund up to 24 hours prior to your tour time
- No refunds (or rescheduled tours) within 24 hours of your tour time.
- No refunds for late arrivals / missed tours / reduced tour numbers
- If you have booked through a third party, please arrange any changes/cancellations/refunds through that third party.
- Tours are mildly weather-dependent, we reserve the right to cancel / refund / reschedule tours in the interest of client safety.
- Be sure to cancel or reschedule your tour 24 hours before your tour time if you do not want to do the tour in less-than-perfect weather.
.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
- SNACK SHOP - There is a small snack shop at our reception area where you can enjoy a cup of coffee, join the free wifi or purchase additional drinks and snacks for your tour. Please note that there is no restaurant on site. (Please also be aware that we are a cashless environment but we welcome all major debit and credit card payments)
- FITNESS - This is an adventure activity, and we recommend a reasonable level of fitness: you will need to hike for 1km up and out of the mountain after the tour. A moderate level of fitness, as well as upper body and core strength, is required to safely participate in this activity.
- OPTIONAL VIDEO - If and when possible, we will do our best to take a video of you, but please don't rely on this as your only memory. If all goes well, we will email you the video after the tour. This is not included in the tour price
- WEATHER - Our zipline tours are mildly weathered dependent, but we will operate in most weather conditions, so be ready to gear up and let's have some fun. We keep a close eye on the forecasts and when necessary will make a decision to cancel/refund/reschedule your tour due to the weather. We do our best to make these decisions as far in advance as possible, but sometimes this is not possible as our zipline slides are based high in the mountains and the weather up high is ever-changing. Please be sure to keep an eye on the weather and advise our team at least 24hours prior to your tour time if you would prefer to cancel/refund or reschedule your tour due to potential weather. (Any changes made with less than 24hours notice will be subject to our cancellation policy, UNLESS, we make a decision to cancel the tour)
- TANDEMS - We are able to offer 2 tandems per tour time, to ensure guide and client safety we can only offer tandems to guests who weigh less than 50kg. Please be sure to advise us via email at email@example.com, if there will be any children under the age of 9 years on your tour so that we are able to make arrangements. (Note: Our minimum age is 5 years old, and children aged 5-9years will most likely need to do the tour in tandem with the guide).
- WEIGHT RESTRICTION - We suggest a weight restriction per person of approximately 100kg to 110kg – this restriction is not weight related but rather imposed by the size of the harnesses we use and is based on the circumference of the straps around the body. A reminder that this is an adventure activity so a moderate level of fitness, as well as upper body and core strength, is required to safely participate in this activity.
- PREGNANT - unfortunately moms to be this tour is not for you